Our Social Media Guru owns all things social media for Turn the Ship Around! Via social media, you will drive our vision of transforming how the world sees leadership by creating and executing a strong social media strategy, ensuring strong follower growth, delivering consistent messaging and social brand management, and coordinating and executing all our social media channels, getting the word out about intent-based leadership, speaking events, and client successes to build interest, understanding of intent-based leadership, and strong client demand for our products and services.
In this full-time (30-40 hrs/week) position you will work closely with David Marquet and our article researchers/writers as well as the rest of our team to send a clear and consistent message, stimulate social media discussions and sharing, and create strong social followings. You will also help manage the social brand relationships with respected friends and partners like Simon Sinek, Verne Harnish, and other well-recognized industry names to coordinate and synergize our social media messages for mutual benefit.
Some specific duties will include crafting or editing excellent tweets, Facebook posts, LinkedIn posts, YouTube channel management, and similar ownership and management of all our social networks, recommending and driving new social media channels, and managing our social network groups and pages. This includes content curation for articles we like and want to repost or comment on, ad buying, and strategizing and prioritizing our use of these platforms for maximum engagement and provable results, so you will be managing or coordinating analytics for these channels to measure the results and adjust your efforts accordingly.
Compensation is hourly with some added sales perks to keep it fun and slightly sales-focused. However, we use a relationship-based consultative sales approach, so you will not be writing sales copy or pushy social media messages.
Your Second Interview Questions
To apply, send your answers to the questions below to: [email protected].
NOTE: You need to complete the First Interview Questions before continuing with these. And as a reminder…
Do not send your resume yet. Your answers below tell us more than a resume about who you are and what you can become.
Do not send a novel. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” —Albert Einstein
- Why should social media be important to this company? Does it significantly impact the bottom line or is it just something that has to be done? Why?
- What social media platforms should matter most to our company? Why? Which common ones should matter least to our company? Why?
- Tell us about our current social media presence. What works? What doesn’t work so well? What do you recommend we do about it?
- Which tools do you favor for social media management and follower growth? Why? What are the drawbacks in those tools and how do you work around them?
- How would you tell if our social media efforts are “working?”
- Find a competitor of ours who is doing a better job with social media, tell us how and why, and what you recommend we do about it.
- This role may quickly become a leadership role with a group of social media experts. What would you look for in a social media hire that will be replacing you in this role, and why?
- What are your hourly (30-40 hrs/week) compensation: a) survival needs, b) starting target for this position, and c) realistic goal within 2 years? (You must provide numbers, but we ask for these ranges to make it easier.)